Saturday, September 19, 2009

Not Dead Yet

I just wanted to post a short note to say that this project is not dead yet, just temporarily on hold. I'm still trying to finish my thesis, and I've decided that some of these extra projects are just taking up too much time. So I've put many of them on hold until after my thesis is complete.

In addition, I have been bogged down with rebuilding my own website, so that I can move my tutorials off of Wikidot. I used to really like Wikidot, but they've started adding in a bunch of ads and other junk to all of the pages (which they promised they wouldn't do). In addition, Wikidot doesn't have all of the features that I would have liked, so I figure it is about time to move away from Wikidot and on to my own platform, which I've been working on in my spare time.

But within a couple of months, I should be able to move forward with this project. In the meantime, you still might be able to hope for a few small fixes, and possibly a public development release.

Once I move away from Wikidot, I'll be able to set up things like a bug/feature tracker, which will make this project much more useable in the future. Perhaps it is not still unreasonable to have version 1.0 release candidates by the end of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment