Monday, June 15, 2009

Extrude Complete

I've completed the Face > Extrude modifier. It was quite a bit of work, mentally, keeping track of all of the edges and vertices. But I can tell you, I already miss having the ability to do Face > Extrude > Normal that Wings3D provides. In fact, all of the modifiers that I have, I'll eventually want to add in versions that work in the direction of the normal.

Beyond that, the fact that I'm still missing Face > Extrude Region is a big limitation as well!

Enough complaints though. The fact that extrusion is working is a big deal. It took quite a bit of time, but this feature makes The Forge tons more powerful, and it leaves only one creation modifier to go: Vertex > Connect.

You can see in the image below, that now, I'm suddenly able to do quite a bit more with The Forge.



Things are progressing....

No comments:

Post a Comment