Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Launch of The Forge development blog

I've been spending quite a bit of time lately working on my new 3D modeler, The Forge. It is based on Wings3D, and I'm hoping that because it is implemented in Java, it will take off as an open source project. Of course, I'm not sure at this point whether this will be open source or not, but I'm thinking it will be.

Anyway, today, after spending some time cleaning up my picking/selection code, I moved forward with starting to implement modifiers. Modifiers will be the basic building block of the modeling process. It is what you'll choose from the menus to make things happen.

I've started working on some simple modifiers for when you change the selection state (e.g. from vertex mode to face mode). I've still got a ways to go on that, but hopefully tomorrow or the next day, that will be complete, and I can start doing things like moving vertices and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment